We have started accepting applications for the 2019 summer internship program and keep getting asked one big question:
“What work needs done to help bring more open source to mainframe?”
And this is where each of you in the community comes in – help us find projects that students could work on this upcoming summer.
The students in the past have done some great work, including:
- Porting open source projects to mainframe ( like Alpine Linux on the huge side, but also smaller projects like Kibana, nextcloud, and Zabbix )
- Publishing guides on how to get an open source tool going on mainframe ( for example the guides built for Kubernetes on SLES, Ubuntu, and RHEL.
- Proof of concept of open source being used to build a solution on mainframe ( such as immunichain which showcased HyperLedger on mainframe )
- Contributions to an Open Mainframe Project hosted project ( such as Zowe )
Tell us you project idea today! Here’s how you can do it:
- Post the idea to the TSC email list .
- Submit it as a pull request to proposed projects folder on the TSC GitHub repo using the suggested template.