Written by James Grant from Open Spectrum Inc. & advocate for the Open Mainframe Project
Hello Raleigh and the rest of the world! We are excited to announce the official launch of ‘The Raleigh Mainframe Meetup Group‘. We created the Raleigh Mainframe Meetup group for a couple of reasons:
- The mainframe has been and continues to be, the host for the majority of mission-critical applications in Financial Services, Healthcare, Government, Education, etc.
- There is a demand in the Raleigh community for education and access to mainframe platforms and mainframe development tools.
We will be hosting and organizing three mainframe meetups for 2019 in the Raleigh area that will showcase the value of the mainframe from a technical and business perspective. We will focus on the following industries:
- Education & Academia – Bring awareness to the open mainframe project and help future developers build skills utilizing the tools available with the open mainframe project.
- Healthcare, Biotech, Life Sciences – How healthcare, life sciences, biotech are using cognitive technologies available on the mainframe to advance research and improve care.
- Financial Services/Fintech – How fintech is leveraging the mainframe with technologies like blockchain and adding digital services to existing core banking systems that are run on the mainframe.
Each meetup will include industry experts as well as a hands-on workshop.
To stay keep up to date on the meetup group, join the group for details – https://www.meetup.com/Raleigh-Mainframe-Meetup/ and stay tuned at @OpenMFProject for more!