- Promote open source on the mainframe
- Educate a local community on the Open Mainframe Project mission
- Contribute to Open Mainframe Project hosted projects
Requirements for becoming an official Open Mainframe Ambassador:
- Affiliated with an Open Mainframe Project member OR is a contributor to an Open Mainframe Project hosted project.
- Willing to speak at community events, write technical content such as blog posts, and be interviewed for articles, podcasts, or other marketing and educational materials.
Expected Time Commitments
- Give a talk, host a meetup or perform an activity that spreads the awareness of open source on mainframe twice a year
- Report back on your activities for our end-of-year survey and report
With the goal of promoting the Open Mainframe Project and its hosted projects around the globe, we are offering the following benefits for our Ambassadors:
- Recognition as an Open Mainframe Ambassador with an exclusive badge and listing on the Open Mainframe Project website.
- Annual gift certificate to purchase swag from OMP Store for any speaking opportunities
- Participate in a quarterly ambassador call, where you can network with other ambassadors and learn more about what is coming up in the Open Mainframe Project.
- Discount to attend Open Mainframe Summit, and invites to speak at other events globally on behalf of Open Mainframe Project.
- Blogging opportunities (including Open Mainframe Project blog, Zowe Medium blog, and other industry-leading editions).
- Social media promotion support.
Are you interested in becoming an official Open Mainframe Ambassador?
Applications to be part of the initial group of Open Mainframe Ambassadors will close on January 13, 2021. The Open Mainframe Project TAC will select the ambassador group during their regular meeting on January 14, 2021.
Learn more about the Ambassador Program.