Open Mainframe Project participates in many events around the world to showcase the modern mainframe and how Linux and Open Source are first class citizens on it.
SHARE Fort Worth 2020
February 23 - February 28
SHARE Fort Worth brings together 500+ technical sessions and hands-on labs on enterprise IT hot topics such as Security, Mainframe Hardware, Cloud Technology in Enterprise, Zowe & Open Source, and IBM Z.
Be sure to visit Open Mainframe Member booths while you are there SUSE, Broadcom, and Phoenix Software.
To learn more about the event, or to register, click here.
OMP will have several sessions at the event. Please see below for a summary of some of our Zowe sessions:
Sunday, February 23
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Zowe Education for Exploiters: ISVs, SIs and DIY Customers. Room 101, Session Number: 27081
- 4:45 PM – 5:15 PM: Open Source on Z Working and Planning Session. Room 204A, Session Number: 27050
Monday, February 24
- 11:00 AM – 12:00: Project Keynote and Opening: Open Source for Z. Room 202B, Session Number: 27033
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: IBM Z Open Editor for COBOL and PL/I with Zowe VS Code Extension: A Marriage Made in Heaven – A Story About How Contributing to Open Source Made IBM Product Offerings Better. Room 101; Session Number: 26916
- 4:15 – 5:15 Zowe and VS Code – We Love It! Room 101, Session Number: 26481
Tuesday, February 25
- 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Zowe BOF – Discussion of 2020 Priorities – Meet and Mingle with the Project Members. Room 202D, Session Number: 27155
- 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. AI/Automation Discussion Lounge; Zowe Discussion Lounge
Wednesday, February 26
- 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM See Zowe & z/OSMF Automating your Change Request on Z. Room 200, Session Number: 26294
- 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM – BYOD Lab: Become a Zowe User. Room 101, Session Number: 26559
- 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM Understanding the Zowe Technology Stack from a z/OS Assembler Developer Perspective. Room 201C, Session Number: 26370
- 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM: Zowe – Preparing, Installing, Upgrading, Extending, Tuning, Diagnosing, Enjoying. Room 200, Session Number: 26646
- 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM: BYOD Lab: Zowe CLI, Eclipse Che4z, GitHub to Endevor Bridge, and more! Room 101, Session Number: 26230
- 4:45 PM – 5:45 PM: How Service Management Unite Exploited Zowe to Make Next Gen Operators More Effective – A Case Study. Room 203B, Session Number: 26959
Thursday, February 27
- 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM: Zowe CLI for DevOps Automation: Understanding and Using the Zowe Command Line Interface. Room 204A, Session Number: 26382
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: BYOD Lab: Zowe CLI and z/OSMF Workflows – z/OS Product Maintenance Deployment Hands-On. Room 101, Session Number: 26192
- 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM: Zowe for CICS DevOps, System Management and Application Development, Room 201A, Session Number: 27005
- 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM: Zowe: A User’s Experience from an IT Infrastructure View. Room 200, Session Number: 26302
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM; z/OS as a Jenkins Application for IaaS: Room: Room 101, Session Number: 26084
Friday, February 28
- 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM: Protect your Batch Applications from Disaster by using DevOps Principles. Room 201B, Session Number: 26381