Open Mainframe Project participates in many events around the world to showcase the modern mainframe and how Linux and Open Source are first class citizens on it.
Check out the upcoming events listed below – and let us know if there is an event we should be at.
- This event has passed.
SHARE Phoenix 2019
March 9, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - March 14, 2019 @ 5:00 pm PST
The Open Mainframe Project will be on-site at SHARE 2019 in Phoenix with several presentations including a Women in IT Luncheon:
- On Monday, March 11, at 12:30 PM, join Martha McConaghy, Vice President of The SHARE Association and active OMP member, Jeff Reser, Senior Product Strategist for SUSE, and Rosalind Radcliffe, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, for the “Women in IT Lunch.” Sponsored by the Open Mainframe Project, the luncheon is an opportunity for women to connect with other women in the IT industry. An RSVP will be required to attend the event.
- On Monday, March 11, at 1:45 PM, join Peter Haumer, Development Leader of IBM Application Delivery Intelligence for his presentation, “IBM’s Devops Experience for Zowe: Towards a Modern Cloud-Based Ide Experience for Cobol Development and Devops”. Peter will explain how IBM created an entirely web-based, zero clients install Integrated Development Environment offering on top of Zowe.
- On Monday, March 11, at 4:30 PM, join Jordan Cain, Software Engineer from IBM for his presentation, “How Zowe will Redefine the Way We Interact with z/OS”. The session will feature demos for all the interfaces of the z/OS.
- On Tuesday, March 12 at 8:30 AM, join Greg Lotko, Senior Vice President and General Manager of The Mainframe Divison at Broadcom Technologies, Jerry Edgington, Senior Technical Analyst at Western and Southern Financial Group, Rosalind Ratcliffe, Distinguished Engineer and DevOps Architect at IBM, Ishmael Thomas, Program Advisor of Enterprise Systems Engineering at Regis University & Jeff Reser, Global Product and Solutions Marketing Manager at SUSE for a keynote panel discussion entitled, “Speed Dating with Open Mainframe“. During the discussion, contributors and users will discuss the impacts of being more open on the mainframe from the perspectives of DevOps, AI, Analytics, Open UX frameworks, and Security. Attendees will also learn about the opportunities, challenges, considerations, and experiences to date to help inform their participation in the mainframe community.
- On Tuesday, March 12, at 11:15 AM, join Joe Winchester, Senior Technical Staff Member from IBM & Sujay Solomon from Broadcom Technologies for their presentation, “How to Be a Zoweian: Contribute, Extend, Customize, Participate”. The session will cover all of the ways available currently to extend Zowe. Attendees will be able to see what the open-source platform provides to users.
- On Tuesday, March 12, at 11:15 AM, join Michael Bauer, Senior Product Owner from Broadcom Technologies for his lab, “Zowe CLI – Build a DevOps Pipeline on AWS for a Mainframe COBOL Application”. The lab will provide attendees the opportunity to have a hands-on experience with the Zowe command line interface and Zowe Visual Code extension. Attendees will also learn how the Zowe CLI enables users to control, script and develop on the mainframe similar to other cloud platforms.
- On Wednesday, March 13, at 8:30 AM, join Dan Jast, zClient Technical Specialist from IBM, for his presentation, “Zowe Installed and Configured: A User’s Experience”. During the presentation, Dan will share his experiences of installing and configuring Zowe.
- On Friday, March 15, at 8:30 AM, join Dan Kelosky, Senior Principal Architect from Broadcom Technologies for his presentation, “Zowe Modern to Mainframe (Testing Automation and Orchestration)” Join Dan as he explains the purpose and capabilities of modern testing and orchestration tools. Dan will also provide clear examples of how to integrate these tools with traditional mainframe development using Zowe CLI and APIs.
- On Friday, March 15, at 10 AM, join Navya Kheterpal, Software Engineer from Broadcom Technologies for her presentation, “Writing a Simple Plugin to Enable Mainframe Applications into the Zowe Framework.” Attendees will be able to observe a demo of a plugin written for Zowe CLI. Attendees will also learn how to jump-start their own effort for writing open-source applications in the Zowe framework.
- On Friday, March 15 at 10 AM, join Kevin Hosozawa, Principal Software Advisor from Rocket Software, and Louis Hanna from IBM for their presentation entitled, “Zowe Technology!!! Taking a Look at the New Web-Based Viewer Technology Being Initially Rolled Out in IBM’s OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS.” Louis and Kevin will review the latest Zowe web-based user interface and demonstrate how it can be used for z/OS based functions.
To learn more about the event or to register, click here.