Open Mainframe Project participates in many events around the world to showcase the modern mainframe and how Linux and Open Source are first class citizens on it.
- This event has passed.
Zowe Quarterly Update Webinar
April 21 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am PDT
Whether you are a Zowe User, Contributor, Extender or simply interested in what’s happening with Zowe – we invite you to the next Quarterly Update Webinar on April 21 at 8:30 am PT /11:30 am ET (US and Canada)! This is the third in the series of webinars we plan to host each quarter that includes a topic, Zowe Squad update, brief Zowe update, community events overview and interactive polls. This session will give you an introduction to security tokens and recommend best practice when implementing token-based security in Open Mainframe Project’s Zowe.
Join this session to learn how this technology can help you to achieve the exceptional security expected from a modern mainframe system and how to provide great flexibility for client application and mainframe services developers. Attendees will learn:
- What is a token anyway
- How tokens help to enhance API security and fuel cross-platform integration
- What security tokens exist and what is their purpose
- Token types used by Zowe API ML and how to choose between them:
- Working directly with SAF JWT tokens
- Utilizing z/OSMF LTPA or JWT token
- Seamlessly exchange .509 client certificate for a JWT
- JWS signature
- What tokens are not yet employed in the Zowe API ML ecosystem and the rationale for introducing them
- Identity token
- Refresh token
Speakers include Michal Supak, Product Manager, and Pavlin Zahariev, Architect, from Broadcom Inc and the Zowe Onboarding Squad.