Open Mainframe Project participates in many events around the world to showcase the modern mainframe and how Linux and Open Source are first class citizens on it.
Check out the upcoming events listed below – and let us know if there is an event we should be at.
- This event has passed.
Zowe Quarterly Update Webinar
April 21, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am PDT
Whether you are a Zowe User, Contributor, Extender or simply interested in what’s happening with Zowe – we invite you to the next Quarterly Update Webinar on April 21 at 8:30 am PT /11:30 am ET (US and Canada)! This is the third in the series of webinars we plan to host each quarter that includes a topic, Zowe Squad update, brief Zowe update, community events overview and interactive polls. This session will give you an introduction to security tokens and recommend best practice when implementing token-based security in Open Mainframe Project’s Zowe.
Join this session to learn how this technology can help you to achieve the exceptional security expected from a modern mainframe system and how to provide great flexibility for client application and mainframe services developers. Attendees will learn:
- What is a token anyway
- How tokens help to enhance API security and fuel cross-platform integration
- What security tokens exist and what is their purpose
- Token types used by Zowe API ML and how to choose between them:
- Working directly with SAF JWT tokens
- Utilizing z/OSMF LTPA or JWT token
- Seamlessly exchange .509 client certificate for a JWT
- JWS signature
- What tokens are not yet employed in the Zowe API ML ecosystem and the rationale for introducing them
- Identity token
- Refresh token
Speakers include Michal Supak, Product Manager, and Pavlin Zahariev, Architect, from Broadcom Inc and the Zowe Onboarding Squad.